پرش به ناوبری پرش به جستجو
- آزمایشتن؛ آزمایش شدن:
- Women over 50 should be screened for breast cancer.
- Completely unsuitable candidates were screened out (= tested and refused) at the first interview.
- نمایشتن؛ نمایشداده شدن:
- The programme was not screened on British television.
- پوشاندن؛ پنهانیدن:
- She raised her hand to screen her eyes from the bright light.
- برای پرهیز از سرزنش، تقصیری را به خود گرفتن:
- The husband says he's the murderer but we think it was his wife - he's just screening her.
screen (جمع screens)
- The nurse pulled a screen around the bed so that the doctor could examine the patient in private.
- A screen of trees at the bottom of the garden hid the ugly factory walls.
- (سینما) پرده نمایش:
- That café's just a screen for their criminal activities.
- نمایال؛ صفحه نمایش:
- Our television has a 19-inch screen.
- Coming to your screens (= cinemas) shortly, "The Adventures of Robin Hood".
- Her ambition is to write for the screen (= for television and films).